Sunday, September 16, 2012

Shhh!! It's a secret...

Every year I make Sam three pairs of socks - one for his birthday, our anniversary and Christmas. Over the years I have perfected his perfect sock - 76 stitches per round, stockinette, 20cm long cuff and a  ridiculously high instep. These socks fit him perfectly but they're neither interesting to knit or interesting to blog about! So for the sake of my sanity and having something noteworthy to share, I spent Saturday afternoon messing around with knitting graph paper and coloured texts and came up with this:


Socks with a message! Sam has an uncanny ability to find his presents before they're due to be given to him so this is going to be a majorly stealth project. I think he will really heart these - I cannot wait to see his face when he opens his present! Of course I have to actually knit them first, but details schmetails - this project will rock.

In Other News: One of these is not like the others

I was collecting water bottles from various rooms of my house before refilling them because paying for bottled water makes me both incredibly ragey and feel like an idiot at the same them, when my cat saw them and decided to be a joiner. Too cute!

0 comments:

Post a Comment