Thursday, January 31, 2013

Finish It February

As is my wont when I have a deadline looming, I decided today as the first of the month was an excellent time to start sorting through my stash in order to figure out what to cast on to get through as much of it as I can as quickly as possible. However, every time I opened a box or bag to get to my yarn I kept on pulling out project bag after project bag after project bag. I know I have a bit of a WIP problem - in fact, I have been updating my sidebar to show how many WIPs I have to keep track of them - but I couldn't believe how big a lot of these WIPs were.

Efficiency ever being the watchword at Chez HereIKnit, I decided to enter the details of these projects into an Excel spreadsheet. This is the surprising result:


Over half of my unfinished projects are over 80% finished! That's terrible, but pretty accurately reflects how I work - I like to knit, I like the process but I hate finishing. But still ... this is pretty ridiculous. So, I declare this month Finish It February - I will weave in ends, I will block and I will finish those annoying projects that have been hanging around for too long. As God* is my witness, I will get my WIP pile under control again.

* Disclaimer: I do not believe in God. But I do believe in the Golden Age of Hollywood, Scarlett O'Hara and misrepresenting famous movie quotes for my own personal use.

0 comments:

Post a Comment