Saturday, April 20, 2013

A day in the life of...

Yesterday my sock had a busy day. It caught public transport for the first time in its life (that's my Smooshy Alpaca Hat and Irish Hiking Scarf in action)...


..watched the Saints get comprehensively beaten by the Bombers (this photo was taken at the early stages of the game. The smile vanished shortly after that!)..


..wandered through the city, marvelling at the sights and sounds like this amazing water art, which has got to be some sort of metaphor for the human condition, surely...


..these gorgeously plumed horses adorably head-hugging each other...


..met the very funny Sam Simmons after his comedy show (I am not sure why I am making a face like a turtle. Where does all that extra flesh come from? Seriously, terrible terrible photo)...


 ..and then, on the train home, resting quietly with the wine left over from dinner. 


I was so exhausted after the long day out that I can honestly say that staying awake on the train ride home was one of the most difficult things I have done this year. It was an excellent day and I had a great time - I love my city and I love spending time at it after the sun goes down. I'm pretty sure my sock does too :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment