Sunday, May 27, 2012

Cast On Mania Day 1: Radiating Star Blanket

I am pleased to announce that this blog's regular scheduling has been interrupted. Instead, I present you with:




Every day this week I will be starting a new project. Every project is to be made with yarn from the stash and all of them need to be finished in two months or less.  It'll be fun!  Clearly crazy, but mostly fun.




Today's project is the Radiating Star Blanket by Alexis Layton in Patons Soft Haze, a discontinued yarn that has been in my stash since May 2009 - three years! It's got a really soft and fluffy feel to it so I think it'll be perfect for this very pretty blanket.


The baby its for is due at the end of June so some speed is required. The wool is chunky and the pattern is simple, so hopefully I'll get it done with much time to spare.

In other news, I think I may be part sloth

There are some days where I just want to get everything I have to do with the external world done as fast as possible so I can get back into pyjamas. Today was one of those days, and now it's 1 o'clock in the afternoon and I'm sitting at my desk in my pyjamas, under a blanket with a hot water bottle. It's days like this that remind me how luck I am that I can work from home, sloth-style.

Back tomorrow with my Day 2 Cast On Mania project! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment