Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pizza Procrastination

Nothing says procrastination like a sparkling clean toilet and homemade bread products so, to spare you the sight of my clean-enough-to-eat-off-but-I-would-never-do-that-because-ewww-gross toilet, here is my dinner:


It's Pizza Casareccia from Nigella's How to be a Domestic Goddess. It's super easy to make - I just put 250g of white flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 heaped teaspoon of yeast and 150m of water in my food processor, blitzed for 30-ish seconds then moved the dough to an oiled bowl. The bowl went outside into the sunshine for an hour, then I divided it into four.

What makes this pizza recipe different is that you top the dough with canned tomatoes seasoned with oregano, salt and pepper and cook it like that in a 240 degree oven until the base is cooked then you add the toppings (I used tuna, fetta, mozzarella and green capsicum). You end up with a crispy, delicious base and it somehow tastes fresher than many homemade pizzas.  And, because I'm procrastinating, I cooked up all of the dough with the tomato topping and have popped it into the freezer.

Ah, procrastination. My freezer is never as well stocked nor my bathroom as clean as when you visit. But what about my f(*&^ng lit review?

0 comments:

Post a Comment